Congratulations to all the winners and nominees! Thank you to everyone who nominated, helped out on the day and attended the lovely awards ceremony.
2021 Award winners
1. Hall of Fame: Long term commitment by an individual towards the use and preservation of Aboriginal languages.
2. Outstanding educational body promoting Aboriginal language learning.
Michelle Green – Warburton School
3. Outstanding business promoting use of Aboriginal languages.
4. Outstanding individual promoting use of Aboriginal languages.
5. Outstanding under 21 year old using or promoting Aboriginal languages.
There were no nominations for this category in 2021
6. Outstanding individual contribution towards Aboriginal language use and preservation.
7. Outstanding individual, organisation or business promoting interpretation and translating of Aboriginal languages.
Department of Communities – Child Protection and Family Support
8. Outstanding government department or agency promoting use of Aboriginal languages.
Nominees received a letter of congratulation and Award winners were announced at a morning tea and received a framed certificate.