Congratulations to all the winners and nominees! Thank you to everyone who nominated, helped out on the day and attended the lovely awards ceremony.
2017 Award winners
1. Hall of Fame: Long term commitment by an individual towards the use and preservation of Aboriginal languages.
2017 Winners Luxie Hogarth-Redmond (Kuwarra)
and Keith Sceghi (Tjupan)
2. Outstanding educational body promoting Aboriginal language learning.
2017 Award winner: Norseman Primary School
3. Outstanding business promoting use of Aboriginal languages.2017 Award winner: Tjuntjuntjarra Arts Centre
4. Outstanding individual promoting use of Aboriginal languages.
2017 Award winner: Edie Ulrich (Tjupan)
5. Outstanding under 21 year old using or promoting Aboriginal languages.No nominations in 2017
6. Outstanding individual contribution towards Aboriginal language use and preservation.
2017 Winner: Valma Schultz (Ngadju)
7. Outstanding individual, organisation or business promoting interpretation and translating of Aboriginal languages.
2017 Winner: Bega Garnbirringu Health Service
2017 Nominee: Red Cross Kalgoorlie
8. Outstanding government department or agency promoting use of Aboriginal languages.