Congratulations to all the winners and nominees! Thank you to everyone who nominated, helped out on the day and attended the lovely awards ceremony.
2017 Award winners
1. Hall of Fame: Long term commitment by an individual towards the use and preservation of Aboriginal languages.
2. Outstanding educational body promoting Aboriginal language learning.
3. Outstanding business promoting use of Aboriginal languages.
4. Outstanding individual promoting use of Aboriginal languages.
5. Outstanding under 21 year old using or promoting Aboriginal languages.
6. Outstanding individual contribution towards Aboriginal language use and preservation.
7. Outstanding individual, organisation or business promoting interpretation and translating of Aboriginal languages.
8. Outstanding government department or agency promoting use of Aboriginal languages.
The Goldfields Aboriginal Languages Centre's role is the recording, linguistic analysis and creation of preservation documents such as dictionaries and grammars, for the languages of the Goldfields region of WA.